Sunday, September 12, 2010

{Bella & Charli} - Chicago Children's Photographer

This is the story of two very sweet sisters that share the same birthday. This month sweet Charli turns one, and big sister Bella turns three!

BC7

BC

BC1

But, this is quite a bigger story than that. I don't usually preview this many photographs from a session, but I feel so very strongly about these photos and about this story, that I'm going to go ahead and do it, just this once :).

It is not a new story....most people know there is something incredibly special about motherhood. It is absolutely the hardest job I've ever had. Giggles, laughs, cuddles and smiles are all most parents have to compensate for the daily struggle that oh so obstinate and head strong kids put up.

I look at the following series of photos and my heart swells. Maybe its because I'm emotional, maybe its because I love this mom and these kids so very much, or maybe its just because these are moments of simple, unabashed love and beauty. Chaos and joy - which is everything that motherhood is. These stolen moments get us through the times when the screaming doesn't stop, toddler is winning the battle, that we want to loose our cool, and we want to run away to Siberia....


BC6

BC4

BC5

BC2

BC3

BC8

Because of these photos, I encourage you all to get in front of the camera with your children!! Play, love and have fun :) What surprises me is that most parents are so apprehensive to get in front of the camera, and I implore (as a parent, not as a photographer!) you all to reconsider. Having moments like these, frozen in time, will be treasured memories for you and your children for years to come.

No comments: